Yumbox pink original
The Yumbox Original lunch box is an award winning, kid friendly bento box with a single leak-proof lid that allows you to pack fruit, nuts, crackers and wet foods (like yogurt, fruit puree - not drinks/water). It’s designed to make it easy to provide a nutritionally balanced meal in minutes..
Why this Yumbox rocks:
- Yumbox is leak-proof; pack fruit, veges, pretzels, crackers and wet foods like yogurt, fruit puree (but not liquids like drinks/water/juice/watery dressings). Fun designs and a kid-friendly latch on the lid are great for kids and adults.
- Balance and portion control with pre-portioned removable illustrated tray. Five 1/2 cup portions of the key food groups: Fruit, Vegetable, Grains, Protein and Dairy with a small treat dip
- Switch from expensive pre-packaged snacks which can hide sugars and preservatives and pack healthy food instead.
- Includes exterior box with soft rounded edges, and 6-compartment tray insert with themed illustrations(please note, we can not substitute the pictured tray insert, please see box and tray combinations below).
- Balance and portion control with pre-portioned removable illustrated tray. Five ½ cup portions of the key food groups: Fruit, Vegetable, Grains, Protein and Dairy with a small treat dip
- Recommended for younger kids (toddler - age 8)
- The Yumbox Original is food safe, no lead, BPA, phthalates or PVC
- Nevis Blue/Lila Purple/Sunburst Yellow includes the Paradise Tray; Congo Green/Safari Orange includes the Jungle Tray; Stardust Pink includes the Enchanted Forest Tray; Neptune Blue includes the Space tray; Bijoux Purple includes the Paris Tray; (as shown in the product images). Tray is removable for washing. Yumbox Original tray is not compatible with the Yumbox Panino.
- Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to a maximum temperature 65C/149F, top rack only. Handwashing the lid is highly recommended and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle to prolong longevity of the seal.
Fits inside a range of eco friendly insulated lunch bagsthat keep your Yumbox cool at school, kindy or out and about.
Materials - Sturdy ABS (outer box), Tritan (tray) and Silicone (seal). BPA/PVC free.
Size - approx. 21.5 x 15.5 x 4.6 cm, weighs 505g.
Care Instructions - Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to 65°C (top rack only). We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell to preserve the seal or if using a dishwasher, removing it before the heat dry cycle. Most dishwashers temperatures are a guide only and actual temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20°C and may affect the adhesive holding the seal in place. Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
As with any product used to store food mould can occur if not cleaned thoroughly. To prevent the chance of mould growth we recommend storing the Yumbox open if unused for long periods and always allowing to air dry overnight when washed.
To treat mould on the silicone surface Yumbox advise cleaning with Milton solution (following the directions on the box) and then leaving the case in direct sunlight for as long as you can. Do not bleach or soak for long periods as the seal has an adhesive backing holding it in place and this may be affected.
Important: Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. More specifically do not pack yoghurt drinks, fruit juice, soups or runny/watery dressings. Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yoghurt and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighbouring compartment.